RN Case Manager On Call - Hospice - Full Time - Nights
*Position serves Sylvania, Ohio and Monroe, Michigan area.
Provides and directs comprehensive hospice care to a case load of patients through direct care, direct supervision, and care coordination with all disciplines.
1. Performs initial and ongoing assessments including admissions and inpatient evaluations; identifies problems and needs; plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care of patients.
2. Provides care in accordance to the established plan of care and in compliance with law & regulation.<br /> 3. Obtains periodic pay or reauthorization and/or recertification as requested.
4. Consults and collaborates with the IDT and others involved in the patient’s care.
5. Coordinates and participates in interdisciplinary team conferences to assure that team efforts effectively complement one another and support the objectives outlined in the interdisciplinary plan of care.
6. Acts as a case manager assuming the responsibility of coordinating care; teaches and demonstrates care to patient/family fostering independence in self-care and using patient/daily goals as criteria for evaluating responses and modifying treatment plan. Coordinates care with the Social Worker, Volunteer Coordinator, Spiritual Care Coordinator, Bereavement Coordinator, and therapists assuring appropriate implementation and follow through with the plan of care.
7. Completes all patient documentation according to professional standards, regulatory requirements, and ProMedica policies; obtains information and signatures as needed to complete necessary forms.
8. Supports the patient’s and family’s unique spiritual and cultural beliefs.
9. Provides holistic, family-centered care across treatment settings to improve the quality of life.
10. Anticipates, prevents, and treats undesirable and/or secondary symptoms.
11. Communicates changes in patient’s status with attending physician, hospice medical director, hospice staff members, and other agencies as needed to coordinate optimal care for the patient/family.
12. Responsible for the direct supervision of the home health aide and provides any teaching in-service in the home to the home health aide.
13. Keeps management informed of issues/concerns which may affect Hospice and/or the delivery of care.
14. Shares in providing coverage to patients/families 24 hours a day/seven days a week.
15. Participates in orientation and in-service training programs for professional staff.
16. Remains current and in compliance with associated state and federal regulations, clinical practice standards, accrediting regulatory bodies, and Hospice and ProMedica policies.
17. Demonstrates commitment to customer service.
• Responds in a timely and effective manner to patient/customer service needs and concerns with appropriate follow through. Collaborates with supervisor as necessary.
• Is courteous, positive and professional in all interactions.
• Communicates effectively and appropriately to all customers including internal office and co-workers. Works well with team regarding problem solving and are continuity.
• Provides feedback to others in a collaborative, constructive manner.
18. Participates in performance improvement and quality improvement processes.
• Participates in data collection, including but not limited to recording and reporting variances, occurrences, incidents, and clinical outcomes.
• Participates in the compliance and utilization review process, as directed.
• Participates in unit meetings and action plan meetings.
19. Demonstrates organizational skills to effectively manage caseload.
• Reorganizes priorities as dictated by changing situations, demonstrates flexibility in adapting to change of pace.
• Plans and organizes tasks within allotted timeframes.
20. Performs other functions as assigned.
Must be licensed to practice professional nursing in the states of Ohio and Michigan.
Requires a minimum of (3-5) three to five years of clinical experience.
Current CPR certification.
A combination of homecare/hospice clinical and case management knowledge preferred.
• Requires effective interpersonal skills.
• Must have excellent organizational skills and problem solving abilities.
• Must be a team player, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks.
• Strong customer and team orientation essential.
• Willing and able to learn computer skills.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. It serves communities in 28 states. The organization offers acute and ambulatory care, an insurance company with a dental plan, and post-acute and academic business lines. The organization has more than 56,000 employees, 13 hospitals, 2,100+ physicians and advanced practice providers with privileges, 900+ healthcare providers employed by ProMedica Physicians, a health plan, and nearly 400 assisted living facilities, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers, memory care communities, outpatient rehabilitation clinics, and hospice and home health care agencies. Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address social determinants of health. For more information about ProMedica, please visit www.promedica.org/aboutus.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital status, or genetics.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.