Porter/Machine Operator - Environmental Services - Full Time - Days
The Floor Technician maintains clean, sanitary and orderly surroundings for the patient, visitors and staff.
Typical duties include:
- Understands and demonstrates the knowledge and ability to operate and maintain all equipment used in the Environmental Services Department.
- Responsible for the general appearance for the area assigned.
- Performs heavier cleaning functions in assigned areas following established schedules and using prescribed methods, equipment and products. This includes washing ceiling, windows, lights, vents, walls and baseboards. Hangs draperies, blinds and bedside curtains. Dust and wet mop floors. Scrub, buff strip and refinish hard surface floors. Vacuum, bonnet, extract carpets.
- Observe safety precautions at all times including the use of safety signs and ropes off sections of floor for cleaning when appropriate.
- Follows infection control practices including hand washing techniques, standard precautions and isolation precautions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires attention to detail, ability to follow written and verbal directions and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to move about facility and between workstations
- Must be able to understand directions and be able to communicate and respond to inquiries.
- Requires effective interpersonal skills
- Required to work with basic cleaning equipment and climb ladders.
- Required to be able to effectively use all power equipment including scrubbers, high speeds, wet vacs, extractors, hall machines, power washers, sweepers, upholstery cleaners, and the garage sweeper.
- Must learn all new power equipment as the job requires
- Must be able to lift or carry heavy weight equipment. (Weight requirements according to the Department of Labor’s dictionary of occupational titles.) Must be able to lift very heavy objects using appropriate equipment and proper lifting techniques.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and locations
- Must be a self motivator, and have the ability to prioritize
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must be able to be subjected to unpleasant odors and possible exposure to communicable diseases and body fluids; must be able to tolerate exposure to dust, chemicals, and sewage.
- Must be PAPR hood trained
- Must have hazardous spill training with a yearly refresher course
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.