Nurse Intern - Medical Unit 4N - Per Diem - Variable
The Registered Nurse provides nursing care to individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological, physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their designated state for which they are practicing in addition to compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting bodies.
Who is the ideal Promedica employee? We're looking for people to join our team who are motivated by making an impact and doing meaningful work.
- Responsible 10
- Critical thinker 9
- Compassionate 9
- Communicator 9
- Adaptable 9
- Multi-tasker 8
Additional success profiles:
- Detail oriented,
Nurse Intern I is a caregiver who has completed 2 semesters of clinicals. This individual will assume responsibility and accountability for a group of patients utilizing the nursing process.
Nurse Intern II The Nurse Intern II is a caregiver who has graduated from an accredited nursing program as an RN or LPN or is a licensed RN or LPN in another state. This individual will assume responsibility and accountability for a group of patients utilizing the nursing process.
1. Maintains the standards of nursing care, policies and procedures of the system and department, also maintains an awareness of patient and family conditions and nursing care needs, including physical, psychological and social needs.
2. Applies the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served (i.e.: infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric) as written in the departmental standards.
3. Under the direction of an RN, assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents outcomes related to nursing diagnosis and patient care problems for each patient. Completes tasks including but not limited to data collection, vital signs, Answering call ights, activties of daily living, education and transporting patients. Collaborates with all members of the health care team to promote a seamless patient care continuum. Communicates patient’s plan of care through effective shift-to-shift communication.
4. Follows proper chain of command when issues/problems arise and demonstrates appropriate follow-through
5. Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for all patients and their significant other(s).
6. Utilizes appropriate techniques necessary to control / prevent infections.
7. Identifies patient / SO learning needs and communicates these to the RN. Documents teaching prn.
8. Displays professionalism at all times and maintains patient confidentiality.
Education: Currently enrolled in last year of accredited ADN nursing program or last two years of a BSN nursing program or graduate nurse.
· Nurse Intern I position will be in effect no greater than 1 year if an ADN or 2 years if in a BSN.
· Nurse Intern II position will be in effect no greater than 6 months.
a. Ability to function in a team environment
b. Able to communicate effectively with all members of the health care team
c. Demonstrates sound clinical skills and judgment
d. Ability to deal effectively with a changing environment and be open to new ideas
Years of Experience: 2 semesters of Clinicals.
Continue professional development and knowledge of current treatments and techniques in nursing to provide quality care required. Requires clinical knowledge of medical/surgical nursing, sound decision making skills, caring, and ability to cope effectively with stressful situations.
Personal Protective Equipment: Demonstrates knowledge and use of standard precautions and PPE.
Physical Demands: Ability to remain calm and exercise good judgement during stressful situations.
Physical ability to move from one work area to another, to lift, carry, climb stairs, and transport audio visual equipment and/or supplies weighing up to 25 pounds; to bend, stretch, or reach in performing all duties of the job. Must have the flexibility to work a varying schedule should the need arise, which may require working overtime (greater than 40 worked hours per week) and/or shift duration that exceed the assigned status for shift length and/or hour per week.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
I joined ProMedica in 2014, right after I finished nursing school. I’ve always wanted to become a nurse, I enjoy the feeling of making people feel safe and caring for them. Nursing is about being there for someone when they feel alone and holding their hand when they are scared. It was easy to choose PROMEDICA due to the residency program that I heard wonderful things about. The residency helped guide me into becoming a confident nurse. I started on the orthopedic floor where I have learned so much from my wonderful work family! I’ve done many different things within the hospital setting, such as becoming an EPIC superuser where I even went in Coldwater to help with their go-live. I was part of the skin team, served on a Nursing grand rounds forum. In July I was crossed trained to the Adult ICU, it was something I thought would be a wonderful experience, I’ve met a great group of people that I enjoyed training and working with when needed. ~Julie
You haven't viewed any jobs recently
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.