Nurse Intern - Critical Care Unit - Per Diem - Days
The Registered Nurse provides nursing care to individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological, physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their designated state for which they are practicing in addition to compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting bodies.
Who is the ideal Promedica employee? We're looking for people to join our team who are motivated by making an impact and doing meaningful work.
- Responsible 10
- Critical thinker 9
- Compassionate 9
- Communicator 9
- Adaptable 9
- Multi-tasker 8
Additional success profiles:
- Detail oriented,
ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital offers a broad range of inpatient and outpatient services in southern Michigan and Ohio. A national leader in treatment of heart attack, congestive heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care, ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital is also a pacesetter in Michigan for obstetrics, emergency care, intensive care, controlling infections and organ donation.
Nurse Intern I - Nurse Intern I is a caregiver enrolled in the final year of an accredited ADN RN nursing program or final two year of an accredited BSN RN nursing program. This individual will assume responsibility and accountability for a group of patients utilizing the nursing process.
Nurse Intern II -The Nurse Intern II is a caregiver who has graduated from an accredited nursing program as an RN or LPN or is a licensed RN or LPN in another state. This individual will assume responsibility and accountability for a group of patients utilizing the nursing process.
Director/Clinical Manager of Med-Surg and Critical Care Services Hospital Supervisor
Functional supervision provided by RN at all times
Self. No supervisory responsibilities
1. Customer Service: Identifies and acts on the needs of both internal and external customers in a positive, polite, compassionate, and timely manner. Recognizes and respects both personal and cultural differences and adjusts service to reflect diverse needs. Remains calm and stays focused on the customer despite difficult situations or customer behavior. Represents system in a positive manner.
2. Integrity: Adheres to ethical, moral, and legal standards. Understands and follows Promedica compliance policies. Knows how to report potential compliance breaches. Is trustworthy. Takes responsibility for work. Consistently delivers on commitments.
3. Quality/Continuous Improvement: Participates effectively in activities that improve operations and support quality service and care. Utilizing approved problem solving method, recognizes opportunity for and takes initiative to streamline processes which enhance the delivery of service. Demonstrates an understanding that change is necessary to facilitate continuous improvement in the organization. Is able to discuss/communicate his/her role in the department’s quality initiative.
4. Safety: Takes action to promote safe practices and a safe environment. Follows organizational and departmental safety policies and practices. Reports all accidents, incidents, and near misses promptly and completely.
5. Teamwork/Interpersonal Skills: Builds effective relationships. Is cooperative. Treats others with respect, courtesy, and honesty. Respects, values, and actively supports the contributions and diversity of all team members.
6. Attendance: Complies with work schedule and departmental attendance policies. Starts work on time and returns promptly from breaks and lunches. Attends mandatory meetings and in-services.
7. Flexibility/Adaptability: Willingly adjusts to changing situations and needs. Handles stress in a professional and appropriate way. Exhibits flexibility in scheduling and assignments.
8. Problem Solving/Judgment: Takes ownership of problems and makes informed decisions. Uses facts and data to seek appropriate solutions. Considers the impact of potential solutions on others. Requests assistance and approval for solutions as necessary. Builds experiences to prevent problems from recurring.
9. Work Habits/Productivity: Gets the job done and achieves quality results. Shows interest and commitment to job responsibility. Uses time effectively. Pays attention to details; is able to work independently. Adheres to professional image, policies, guidelines, and principles. Uses equipment, supplies, technology, and other resources appropriately. Communicates in a positive, clear, and professional manner.
ROLES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1. Applies the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served (i.e.: infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric) as written in the departmental standards.
2. Under the direction of an RN, assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents outcomes related to nursing diagnosis and patient care problems for each patient. Collaborates with all members of the health care team to promote a seamless patient care continuum. Coordinates patient’s plan of care through effective shift-to-shift communication.
3. Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for all patients and their significant other(s).
4. Utilizes appropriate techniques necessary to control / prevent infections.
5. Identifies patient / SO learning needs and communicates these to the RN. Documents teaching prn.
6 Follows proper chain of command when issues/problems arise and demonstrates appropriate follow-through
7. Displays professionalism at all times and maintains patient confidentiality.
8. Stays current in field of specialty by actively participating in continuing education and maintaining certifications and annual competencies. Actively participates in orienting new staff and contributes to the growth of others.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE</strong>
Currently enrolled in last year of accredited ADN nursing program or last two years of a BSN nursing program or graduate nurse
The Intern I position will be in effect no greater than 1 year if an ADN or 2 years if in a BSN
The Intern II position will be in effect no greater than 6 months
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS & ABILITIES</strong>
Ability to function in a team environment
Able to communicate effectively with all members of the health care team
Demonstrates sound clinical skills and judgment
Ability to deal effectively with a changing environment and be open to new ideas
LICENSURE / REGISTRATION / CERTIFICATION
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
Demonstrates knowledge and use of standard precautions and PPE
Medium - - - lifting 50 lbs maximum, with frequent lifting / carrying up to 25 lbs
Frequent prolonged standing / walking
Lifts, positions, pushes, or transfers patients
Must be able to read and speak the English language
Must be able to see, hear and move intermittently, or use prosthetics that will enable you to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met
Frequent exposure to unpleasant patient or unit elements
May be exposed to odorous / hazardous specimens
Regularly exposed to infection / contagious disease
Possible exposure to blood borne pathogens from blood and/or bodily fluids
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
I joined ProMedica in 2014, right after I finished nursing school. I’ve always wanted to become a nurse, I enjoy the feeling of making people feel safe and caring for them. Nursing is about being there for someone when they feel alone and holding their hand when they are scared. It was easy to choose PROMEDICA due to the residency program that I heard wonderful things about. The residency helped guide me into becoming a confident nurse. I started on the orthopedic floor where I have learned so much from my wonderful work family! I’ve done many different things within the hospital setting, such as becoming an EPIC superuser where I even went in Coldwater to help with their go-live. I was part of the skin team, served on a Nursing grand rounds forum. In July I was crossed trained to the Adult ICU, it was something I thought would be a wonderful experience, I’ve meet a great group of people that I enjoyed training and working with when needed. ~Julie
You haven't viewed any jobs recently
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.