NA / Nursing Assistant - STNA - Hospice - Full Time - Days
*Candidates must be external and have at least 6 months of experience to be eligible for the Sign-on Bonus.*
Responsible to the Director of Professional Services, Patient Care Coordinator and Registered Nurse to carry out assigned duties which promote patient comfort and support.
- Provides personal care to the patient as assigned by the nurse.
- Assists the patient with transfers and/or ambulation.
- Turns and positions patients who are bed bound.
- Assists with Range of Motion (ROM) appropriate for the patient.
- Assists patients with meals.
- Assists patients with toileting: bedroom, bedpan, and urinal.
- Assists patients with medications which are self-administered.
- Changes simple non-sterile dressings or external bags per State and Federal Regulations.
- Ensure growth & profitability of the company through the responsible use of company resources & educating the community to our services.</li>
- Perform light housekeeping tasks.
- Observes and reports changes in patient conditions and needs to the Registered Nurse/therapist.
- Completes paperwork in an accurate and timely manner, per policies.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings as appropriate to coordinate patient care, exchange information and receive staff support and in service education.
- Follows patient plan of care at all times.
- Participates in agency quality assessment performance improvement (QAPI) projects.
- Accepts other assignments deemed appropriate.
- Willingly accepts direction from Director of Professional Services, Patient Care Coordinator, and Registered
- Nurse/Case Manager.
- Adheres to established personnel policies.
- High School diploma or G.E.D; Qualified as a Hospice Aide or certified nurse aide in the State Registry per State and Federal Regulations.
- Ability to accurately take and record temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure.
- Ability to accurately observe, report and document changes in the patient.
- Ability to recognize the needs of the patient and family.
- Ability to develop and maintain rapport with patients and families.
- Demonstrated ability to work with an interdisciplinary team
- Minimum of one year experience as a Hospice Aide, or is currently enrolled as a nursing student who has had a minimum of 6 months clinical experience, or has completed a Hospice Aide training program or a certified/state tested nursing assistant (or completion of PCA course – Florida only), as allowable under state specific guidelines.
- Has not had a lapse of 24 consecutive months where the aide has not provided services for compensation.
- Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds; Walking, standing, talking, hearing, pushing, fingering, reaching, seeing, stooping, smelling, depth perception, color vision.
- Necessary on a daily basis; 100%.
- Patient’s home/living facility; Exposure to disagreeable conditions including odors, infection, illness, and physical contact from disruptive patients.
- Registered Nurse, patients, families and facility staff.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. It serves communities in 28 states. The organization offers acute and ambulatory care, an insurance company with a dental plan, and post-acute and academic business lines. The organization has more than 56,000 employees, 13 hospitals, 2,100+ physicians and advanced practice providers with privileges, 900+ healthcare providers employed by ProMedica Physicians, a health plan, and nearly 400 assisted living facilities, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers, memory care communities, outpatient rehabilitation clinics, and hospice and home health care agencies. Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address social determinants of health. For more information about ProMedica, please visit www.promedica.org/aboutus.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital status, or genetics.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.