MT / MLT / Medical Technologist II - Laboratory Services - Full Time - Nights
Medical technologists, also known as clinical laboratory technologists, perform routine and complex analytical procedures, recognize deviations and provide interpretation following established standards and practices. These highly trained professionals use sophisticated procedures and equipment, collaborating with nurses, physicians and other healthcare professionals.
Functioning as a team member within a patient-centric care delivery model for high quality and service within the practice setting. Able to navigate through multiple information technology platforms and applications proficiently and effectively. Renders direct patient care services under supervision, demonstrating ProMedica’s values to the patient.
- Achiever 10
- Relationship expertise 9
- Independent 9
- Problem solver 9
- Quick thinking 9
- Focused 8
Additional success profiles:
- Detail oriented,
Performs routine and complex analytical procedures, recognizes deviations and provides interpretation following established standards and practices.
- Performs testing
- Maintains established hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Complies with requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies.
- Process biological specimens for analysis. Evaluate and solves problems related to specimen collection and processing.
- Performs routine and complex analytical procedures, recognizes deviations, and provides interpretation.
- Operates instruments and performs procedures within the scope of training.
- Performs scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Recognizes equipment malfunctions and acts according to established protocols.
- Quality Control
- Performs, records, and maintains accurate quality control records. Recognizes out of control results and takes appropriate actions.
- Knowledge Resource
- Answers inquiries regarding results and factors affecting results. Acts as a liaison and fosters effective communication between laboratory and health care team, maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Computer System
- Performs routine inquiry and data input on the laboratory computer systems.
- Ensures accuracy of information in the computer systems and is responsible for corrective actions.
- Utilizes computer software to enhance specialty area.
- Training/Competency Assessment
- Instructs new associates and students as required.
- With respect to experience and education, assesses competencies of other test performers.
- Continuing Education
- Must complete required number of CE units
- Must complete mandatory in-services
- Maintains and upgrades personal professional development.
- Team Leader
- Provides guidance to co-workers in the absence of an on-site Supervisor regarding staffing and technical issues that arise.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Associate degree in a laboratory science, or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution OR Transcripts showing 60 semester hours from an accredited institution with transcripts indicating 24 semester hours of medical laboratory technology courses or 24 semester hours of science courses that include 6 semester hours in chemistry, 6 semester hours of biology, and 12 semester hours of chemistry, biology, or medical laboratory technology in any combination OR meet an alternate qualification route for High Complexity Testing Personnel as detailed in 42 CFR subpart M §493.1489.
Years of Experience: Completion of a clinical laboratory training program approved or accredited by the ABHES, the CAHEA, or other organization approved by HHS OR at least three (3) months of full time experience across all lab disciplines OR alternate experience route for High Complexity Testing Personnel as detailed in 42 CFR subpart M §493.1489.
Certification: American Society of Pathology (ASCP) MLT eligible at time of hire with certification achieved within one year of hire.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
What I like the most about being a Medical Technologist is the fact that you have continuous mental stimulation since you never know what will come your way every day. The nice part of being in the ProMedica network is that if questions arise, there are many resources to look to for answers, you're never alone with a problem. - Frances
You haven't viewed any jobs recently
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.