MT / Medical Technologist III - Laboratory Services - Full Time - Days
Medical technologists, also known as clinical laboratory technologists, perform routine and complex analytical procedures, recognize deviations and provide interpretation following established standards and practices. These highly trained professionals use sophisticated procedures and equipment, collaborating with nurses, physicians and other healthcare professionals.
Functioning as a team member within a patient-centric care delivery model for high quality and service within the practice setting. Able to navigate through multiple information technology platforms and applications proficiently and effectively. Renders direct patient care services under supervision, demonstrating ProMedica’s values to the patient.
- Achiever 10
- Relationship expertise 9
- Independent 9
- Problem solver 9
- Quick thinking 9
- Focused 8
Additional success profiles:
- Detail oriented,
Performs routine and complex analytical procedures in specialty area. Serves as a resource with advanced technical knowledge and skills.
- Performs procedures and operates instruments in specialty area. Identifies, monitors and diagnoses instrument malfunctions. Directs maintenance protocols.
- Performs, records, and maintains accurate quality control records. Reviews quality control data, detecting and correcting quality control problems. Recommends course of action to resolve quality control issues in work area.
- Develops solutions to problems based on knowledge of biochemical theory, patient diagnosis and instrument performance in work area.
- Performs routine inquiry and data input on the laboratory computer system. Utilizes computer software to enhance their specialty area.
- Implements training and instructing of new employees and students as required. Presents continuing education to employees in specialty area. Serves as a role model.
- Evaluates new test procedures, implements new test methodologies and establish procedures. Reviews and drafts new protocols.
- Maintains established hospital and departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control. Complies with requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies by attending mandatory in-services and continuing laboratory education and participating in continuous quality improvement. Maintains and upgrades personal development.
- Acts as a team leader in the department, by establishing and completing objectives. Directs the scheduling and completion of all activities. Instructs, assigns work and provides guidance to co-workers in the absence of supervisory personnel.
- Performs in a leadership role in the laboratory by supporting laboratory management and promoting the mission, vision and values of Flower Hospital and Promedica Health System to co-workers. Promotes good customer service practices. Is proactive in bringing patient, employee and environmental issues to the attention of laboratory management.
- Answers inquiries regarding results, methodology, test specificity, sensitivity and special factors that can influence test results. Interacts with health care team, maintaining patient confidentiality. Acts as a liaison and fosters effective communication between laboratory and health care team.
- Contributes to or facilitates laboratory projects or activities.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree AND have achieved MT/MLS (ASCP) OR an appropriate categorical ASCP registry. Must fill all requisite criteria for Medical Technologist II, unless grandfathered prior to 1987.
- Must be able to move about hospital and between workstations
- Must be able to understand directions and be able to communicate and respond to inquiries. Requires effective interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to disease bearing specimens, odorous chemicals, carcinogens mutagens, low-level radiation, electrical hazards and flammable liquids.
- Must be able to differentiate colors.
- Must be able to input and retrieve information from computer.
- Must be able to occasionally move, lift and/or carry lightweight materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds up to 5% of the time
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
What I like the most about being a Medical Technologist is the fact that you have continuous mental stimulation since you never know what will come your way every day. The nice part of being in the ProMedica network is that if questions arise, there are many resources to look to for answers, you're never alone with a problem. - Frances
You haven't viewed any jobs recently
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.