MRI Technologist - MRI - Full Time - Nights
Sign On Bonus: $7,500
ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital offers a broad range of inpatient and outpatient services in southern Michigan and Ohio. A national leader in treatment of heart attack, congestive heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care, ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital is also a pacesetter in Michigan for obstetrics, emergency care, intensive care, controlling infections and organ donation.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill to utilize MRI equipment and radiology info systems, selecting proper technical factors based on procedure, diagnosis, age, size, weight, and anatomical differences and general health status of various age groups.
- Utilizing proper MRI safety, parameters, and age appropriate immobilizers to produce high quality MRI scans under the philosophy A.C.R.
- Processes digital images. Critiques images for diagnostic quality.
- Under the direction of a physician demonstrates knowledge and ability to administer and document contrast and IV contrast according to standards for patients of all ages.
- Demonstrates the ability and knowledge to identify educational needs, obtain patient history, and provide information in easily understood terminology with clear communication style about procedures and care to patients of various ages. Determines appropriateness of procedure based on the above.
- Assists radiologist and physicians in the performance of diagnostic MRI procedures with patients of all ages performing support functions.
- Assists in training and evaluation of new MRI associates and students.
- Maintains departmental equipment and facilities in a safe and clean condition. Reports equipment malfunctions.
- Demonstrates competency in the physical comfort measures and psychosocial issues when giving care to include neonate, infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Demonstrates high level of care, courtesy, and cooperation. Educates patients about their procedures and ensures patients and their families’ comfort and needs are appropriately addressed in a dignified, confidential manner.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient data.
- Demonstrates awareness of safety standards for self and assigned area.
- Follows organization’s mission and values of customer service.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Must be CPR certified.
- Must be a high school graduate.
- Must have completed formal radiologic technology training at an AMA approved school.
- Must have met ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists) registry requirements, or RDNSM or BNTCB registry requirements and be currently registered and hold an active state license or be registered and state licensure eligible if deemed necessary by the State of Ohio. (Continuation of employment of a registry-eligible hired associated is contingent upon passing the registry examination and obtaining applicable state licensure.)
- Minimum of one year MRI experience preferred or other appropriate training.
- Must be able to cope with stressful situations and handle deadlines in a demanding, fast-paced medical environment.
- Must be able to move about hospital and between workstations; and to handle stooping, standing, walking, and lifting as required by the position.
- Must be able to understand directions, communicate, and respond to inquiries; requires effective interpersonal skills.
- Must be competent in use of facility communication systems and equipment (e.g. RIS, HIS, transport software, fax machines, IBEX)
- Must be able to input and retrieve information from radiological or other medical equipment and computerized systems.
- Must be able to tolerate possible exposure to processor chemicals, radiation and electrical hazards, and bloodborne pathogens or bodily fluids; must be able to tolerate wearing heavy protective garments for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to move, lift, or carry light objects frequently and move with assistance “very heavy” materials and/or patients occasionally.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.