LPN / Licensed Practical Nurse - Intermediate Care Unit - Variable Shifts Available!
ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital is excited to welcome LPN's into our bedside care team as we expand and prepare for our new Health Care environment! Under the general direction of a registered nurse and according to established policies and procedures, coordinates total nursing care for patients, participates in patient and family teaching, and works cooperatively with ancillary nursing and other patient care team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
- Responsible for assisting in the assessment of patients' needs and participates with other nursing personnel in planning, implementing, and evaluating nursing care considering the emotional, social and physical needs of the patient. Participates in plan of care as delegated by registered nurse.
- Interviews patients and records their medical history in the Electronic Medical Record. Verifies that patient care provide and medication administered are updated promptly and accurately in the Electronic Medical Record.
- Reports pertinent observations and reactions regarding patient to the appropriate persons (i.e. registered nurse, charge nurse, manager, and supervisor) and documents those observations accurately and precisely. Observes patients for physical and/or emotional reactions to drugs and treatments, documenting and reporting any untoward reactions to appropriate staff.
- Administers oral, intramuscular, subcutaneous and topical medications as ordered by physicians.
- As delegated by the registered nurse, replaces primary intravenous solutions and premixed intravenous piggyback solutions that are prepared by pharmacy. Changes IV tubing, initiate peripheral upper limbs IV therapy.
- Performs and documents a variety of clinical treatments and nursing procedures including monitoring of vital signs, changing dressings, cleaning or irrigating wounds and incisions, performing catheterizations, insertion of nasal gastric tube, suctioning patients, ostomy patients, and ambulating patients.
- Initiates telemetry monitoring with an explanation of procedure to patients. Institutes and assists with emergency measures for sudden adverse developments in-patient such as cardiac arrest. Maintains an awareness of the location of emergency equipment on unit (i.e. crash cart, cardiac monitoring) along with procedures for current use.
- Participates in usage and maintenance of equipment and instruments for safe patient care. Promotes clean and safe physical environment including fire and safety awareness. Participates in staff unit meetings. Maintains knowledge of specific department policies and procedures. Participates on committees for improving nursing care. Participates in Performance Improvement activities of patient care.
Education: Graduate of licensed practical nursing program
Skills: Must completed approved EKG class within 60 days of hire or demonstrate competency in EKG
License: LPN License in the State of Michigan
Certification: Must have current American Heart Association BCLS certification.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.