LPN / Licensed Practical Nurse - Inpatient Psychiatry - Part Time - Nights
The LPN, Under the general direction of a registered nurse and according to established policies and procedures, coordinates total nursing care for patients, participates in-patient and family teaching, and works cooperatively with ancillary nursing and other patient care team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting. Maintains the standards of nursing care and policies and procedures of ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital and the nursing department. Actively continues to promote self-learning of current professional developments, treatments, and techniques in nursing to provide quality care.
- Contributes to the observation, planning, implementation and evaluation of care of assigned patients.
- Possesses knowledge and respects patient rights.
- Collects patient information on health data from the patient and others. Data collection includes documentation of biophysical, psychosocial, cognitive and environmental factors.
- Contributes to the identification of life cycle and developmental stage and documents the health education, environmental, and discharge needs on admission and throughout the patients hospital stay. Considers self-care factors, educational factors, and discharge planning factors.
- Identifies the patient’s beliefs, culture, religious and socio-economic status.
- Recognizes routine and urgent patient needs.
- Initiates action and notifies the RN. Performs safely in urgent and emergency situations based on collected data.
- Collaborates with the RN and other members of the health care team toward the planning of patient care and identification of discharge needs. Supervisory and peer evaluation reflect evidence of cooperation and contributions to plan of care.
- Prioritizes and implements the plan of care as delegated by the RN. Provides appropriate medications, interventions, and treatment in a safe, accurate, and timely manner and documents according to policy.
- Documents presence of patient/significant other being involved in care.
- Contributes to the evaluation of patient progress toward identified goals in the plan of care and revises in collaboration with the RN. Guidelines are adhered to regarding documentation of interventions/evaluative notes
- Education: Graduate of accredited practical nursing program (to include N.A.P.N.E.S. pharmacology) with subsequent licensure in appropriate state.
- Skills: Must have completed approved EKG class or willing to complete if requested.
- License: LPN License in appropriate state.
- Certification: Must have current BCLS certification.
- Skills: Previous psychiatric experience
- Completion of Non-Violent Crisis Intervention during orientation is required.
Personal Protective Equipment:
• Demonstrates knowledge and use of standard precautions and PPE.
• Demonstrates knowledge and use of safe patient handling equipment.
• Must be able to tolerate exposure to dust, fumes, chemicals, temperature changes, and exposure to blood borne pathogens and bodily fluids.
• Must be able to attain all health requirements as identified by the organization (i.e., PPE, respirator training, vaccines, as appropriate).
• Must be able to move about hospital and between workstations; and prolonged periods of standing. **
• Must be able to frequently move, lift or carry light to heavy patients or equipment. **
• Must be able to lift medium materials, non-material handling; continuous standing, walking, bending, stooping and reaching; frequent pushing, pulling and squatting.
• Must be able to appropriately provide care to patients with psychiatric diagnosis and behaviors in the clinical setting.
• Exposed to psychiatric patient care environment and regularly experiences unpleasant working conditions, such as: assisting with patient hygiene which may involve exposure, or the potential for exposure to blood or other potentially infectious material, or involve a potential for spills or splashes of blood or other potentially infectious material. Occasional sitting, stairs and kneeling
** Weight requirement according to the Department of Labor’s dictionary of occupational titles.
The above list of accountabilities is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent; it should not be considered exhaustive.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.