Laboratory Aide - Monroe Regional Hospital - Per Diem - Variable
ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital offers a broad range of inpatient and outpatient services in southern Michigan and Ohio. A national leader in treatment of heart attack, congestive heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care, ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital is also a pacesetter in Michigan for obstetrics, emergency care, intensive care, controlling infections and organ donation.
The laboratory aide performs a variety of duties and responsibilities. The consist of:
- Collect blood samples from patients in the out-patient service area, laboratory area, nursing floors or in the emergency room.
- Assists in charting and filing laboratory slips, answers the telephone and assists in maintaining the laboratory in a clean and orderly condition.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and notifies the director or supervisor when supplies are needed.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. A diploma from an accredited phlebotomy training institute OR significant phlebotomy experience.
- Professional registration preferred.
- Experience must be either: Six months' experience in a high volume phlebotomy environment, or successful completion of an academic program which included substantial, practical clinical phlebotomy experience (EX: 8+ week clinical student rotation program in a hospital setting)
- Must be able to continuously move about department and between workstations.
- Must be able to understand directions and be able to communicate and respond to inquiries. Requires effective interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to disease bearing specimens, blood and body fluids.
- Must be able to differentiate colors.
- Must be able to input and retrieve information from computer.
- Must be able to move, lift or carry materials or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs., up to 10% of the time.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.