Account Liaison - Hospice - Full time - Days
Responsible to the Manager of Business Development for generating business from territory referral sources to meet territory and agency revenue and census goals. Responsible to develop and implement programs to raise and establish community liaisons by conducting personalized visitations to all primary referral sources and interested parties, and by representing the agency in community events. Identify opportunities for formal or contractual relationships with physicians, organizations, and payors. Works with office staff to ensure that new business successfully goes to start of care. Implements territory sales plan and coordinates with operational and clinical leadership to ensure extraordinary customer service and fulfill ProMedica promises.
Essential Job Functions
- Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar or is a logical assignment of the position.
- Drives profitable growth by spending the majority of time in the field developing referral relationships with accounts that result in referring eligible referrals.
- Drives growth by ensuring through follow-up that eligible patients who desire our care are admitted.
- Drives growth by surfacing barriers to growth and working together with sales, clinical and operational leadership until barriers are resolved and customer needs and concerns are addressed.
- Drives growth by working with leadership to develop a growth culture.
- Educate referral sources and the community regarding who to refer, when to refer, how to refer and how to make it easy to refer.
- Collaborates/participates with Manager of Business Development in the development of territory sales plan and updates at applicable frequencies, but no less than quarterly.
- Meets or exceeds established territory goals for SOCs per product line by developing new business and maintaining and growing current relationships.
- Understand products and stay abreast of local and national home health & hospice industry trends to effectively represent and differentiate ProMedica services in the market area.</li>
- Participates in and implements sales training that is required and considered appropriate to achieving sales goals.
- Utilizes IMPACT selling techniques.
- Develops and implements programs for public relations and special events and in accordance with ProMedica policies.
- Identifies and develops ongoing referral relationships with targeted skilled nursing facilities for the purpose of achieving business goals.
- Identifies and develops ongoing referral relationships with targeted physicians for the purpose of achieving business goals.
- Identifies and develops ongoing referral relationships with targeted assisted living facilities for the purpose of achieving business goals.
- Identifies and develops ongoing referral relationships with targeted hospitals for the purpose of achieving business goals
- Identifies and develops ongoing referral relationships with targeted community referral sources for the purpose of achieving business goals Accurately completes any required documentation of sales activity including weekly schedule, precall plans, profiles, weekly mileage, requested reports etc. in a timely manner.
- On occasion, may meet with patients and families to explain product services and benefits.
- Utilizes company resources to ensure appropriate return on investment. Acts as a liaison between operations and referral sources to ensure the needs of the customer are met including patient updates.
- Acts as a brand champion understanding and articulating ProMedica differentiators.
- Works with Manager of Business Development in developing brochures, advertisements and media campaigns.
- Writes Marketing Action Plan by assessing community needs, marketing strategy/objectives, and listing specific marketing action items.
- Attends and actively participants in required meetings including growth meetings, staff meetings, regional meetings, etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge of major competitors.
- Demonstrates effective communication with sales manager, operations, clinical teams and referral sources.
- Adheres to established employee policies. Accepts other assignments as deemed appropriate.
- Ensures that care is provided with respect for patient rights.
- Ensures protected health information is kept confidential
- Reports complaints made by patients or families to the appropriate persons Adheres to established personnel policies.
- Reports allegations of patient abuse, neglect and/or misappropriation of patient property.
Safety and Sanitation
- Follows standard precautions and infection control procedures.
- Reports all accidents and incidents observed. Identifies and responds appropriately to emergency situations.
- Assures safety needs of the patients are addressed and met.
- Attends in-services and meetings as required.
- Create positive image between co-workers.
- Promote positive inter-agency communication.
- Instill confidence in staff members and build self-esteem through acceptance and recognition of employees.
- Provide role modeling of team work, accountability and a positive attitude.
- Demonstrate and encourage appropriate problem solving methods.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications or related health field from an accredited institution required or RN, LPN/LVN.
- Customer-focused approach to sales.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with a multidisciplinary team and with health care providers.
- Ability to form relationships and maintain rapport with referral sources.
- Sales and customer-service focused Results-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with an interdisciplinary team and health care providers
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with patients, families, and referral sources
- Demonstrated growth results.
- Minimum 1 year in healthcare services preferred.
- Experience in public speaking; demonstrated presentation skills.
Travel 90%; necessary on a daily basis.
- Patient’s home/living facility, referral sources, business locations.
- Exposure to disagreeable conditions including odors, infection and illness.
- Office staff, patients, families, physicians, community health care providers, referral sources, ProMedica businesses.
Must be able to execute the terms and conditions set forth in the ProMedica Employee Handbook, including, but not limited to:
- a. Works in a safety-conscious manner which ensures that safe work practices are used in order not to pose a risk to self or others in the workplace. Reports any safety violations or hazards to supervisor
- b. Complies with company policies and procedures and local, state, and federal regulations
- c. Adheres to policy on Drug-Free Workplace
- d. Interacts in a tactful, diplomatic, and humanistic manner with residents, families, visitors, and co-workers to provide a safe, efficient, and therapeutically effective caring environment which ensures the self-respect, personal dignity, rights and physical safety of each resident and facility guest
- e. Maintains a dependable attendance record and adheres to standards of cleanliness, grooming, hygiene, and dress code.
- f. Takes positive action to ensure equal opportunity in the conduct of all business activities without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, age, national origin, disability, citizenship, veteran status or any other legally protected category.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.