Manager, Data Services - Remote
At Paramount, we offer insurance to both large and small groups and also cater to Medicare (Paramount Elite) subscribers in northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. Our Medicaid product (Paramount Advantage) services those living in the state of Ohio. We maintain an accreditation by the NCQA – the National Committee for Quality Assurance – for our Ohio HMO, Elite and Advantage products. We’re also part of ProMedica, which is ranked the second most integrated health system in the U.S. and No. 1 in the Midwest. For more information about Paramount, please visit our website http://www.paramounthealthcare.com.
The Manager of Data Services leads the daily activities of a team of professionals responsible for the design, development, maintenance and support of Paramount’s Enterprise Data Warehouse, Data Marts, and ETL processes. Establishes and maintains the guidelines for product evaluation, design, development, testing, and implementation of the data services environment.
1. Accountable for understanding business stakeholders’ data requirements, documenting data interfaces and data mappings, and analyzing and interpreting data; understand and participate in data sourcing activities; act as Data SME
2. Drive successful adoption of best practices, standardization of data provision to the data warehouse, and proactive management of data refresh and accuracy
3. Analyze and translate business needs and requirements into design and implementation of data extracts and reporting.
4. Design and execute Data Quality checks; support Data modelling; maintain Business Metadata
5. Resolving technical problems as they arise.
6. Lead team in the creation of design documents based on business requirements
7. Collaborate with Product Managers to ensure product deliver goals are achieved and maintained
8. Demonstrates effective business and technical communication skills
9. Develop and enforce standards in all development initiatives involving data modeling, data quality, data dictionary consistency for all data elements and meta data management
10. Ensure thorough documentation is created and maintained
11. Works to ensure milestones and deadlines are meet
12. Provide updates to stakeholders on development processes
13. Ensure team follow/conform to standards.
14. Assist in creation of technology vision.
15. Understand Enterprise Application product technology and strategic directions.
16. Continually analyzes and initiates improvements to the services provided.
17. Must stay current on technologies used to enable excellent IT service for business stakeholders.
18. Performs other duties as required.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Skills: Proven experience in engineering and software architecture design. In-depth understanding of data management, data warehousing, ETL processes and tools, and Data Mart creation and support. Strong critical thinker and problem solver with a background in analysis and programming. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to a variety of parties. Skilled motivator, mentor/teacher, and leader.
- Years of Experience: 10
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- Project Management
- ITIL Knowledge
- Health plan IT processes and operations
- Programming methodologies and techniques
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.