Actuarial and Analytics Intern - Actuarial Services - Paramount - Part Time - Days
At Paramount Health Care, we offer insurance to both large and small groups and also cater to Medicare (Paramount Elite) subscribers in northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. Our Medicaid product (Paramount Advantage) services those living in the state of Ohio. We maintain an accreditation by the NCQA – the National Committee for Quality Assurance – for our Ohio HMO, Elite and Advantage products. We’re also part of ProMedica, which is ranked the second most integrated health system in the U.S. and No. 1 in the Midwest. For more information about Paramount, please visit our website http://www.paramounthealthcare.com.
Paramount is seeking a motivated analyst intern who is ready to apply knowledge of business practices and processes in a fast-paced, real-world environment. The intern will assist in writing reports, conducting research, analyzing data, and making recommendations to improve effectiveness and efficiency. This will be a valuable experience for any student pursuing a career in business, finance, or actuarial services. Intern will also assist in providing rate development support work and risk score calculation.
1. Focus on improving the success within a business function by analyzing data, discovering and solving real problems, and building metrics and business cases to create efficencies.
2. identify process and system improvement opportunities by monitoring existent metrics, analyzing data and collaborating with internal teams.
3. Design and develop reporting solutions to enable stakeholders to manage the business and make effective decisions.
4. Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
5. Assist in gathering and aggregating data as part of the rate setting and filing processes.
6. Perform other duties and special projects as directed.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, statistics, actuarial science, or insurance required.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field in progress.
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
• Knowledge of business intelligence and reporting tools as well as spreadsheet applications required.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Must be adaptable to change, display qualities of initiative and be able to work independently.
• Exhibit strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrate creativity and be able to suggest innovative solutions to business challenges
Years of Experience: N/A
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.