NP / Nurse Practitioner - Behavioral Health
ProMedica Behavioral Health is recruiting to add an experienced Psychiatric / Behavioral Health Nurse Practitioner to their busy practice located in Fremont, OH. Fremont Behavioral Health is located on the campus of Fremont Memorial Hospital. The campus includes 43 licensed beds, a comprehensive Emergency Room, Inpatient & Outpatient services, a state-of-the-art surgery center, and a center for Occupational Health and Rehabilitation Services. The Behavioral Health Outpatient Office has approximately<strong> 8,200 visits a year and continues to grow and strengthen our presence in the community. ProMedica Memorial Hospital provides adult outpatient services to the community and is the largest Employee Assistance Program (EAP) referral source in the area.
This provider will be expected to...
Provide psychiatric health services, education, counseling and emotional support, in collaboration with the psychiatrist Dr. Travis
Issue medication prescriptions in accordance with treatment guidelines
Order laboratory tests then interprets and explains the test results to patients
Provide patient education regarding medications, risks, benefits and reasonable outcome expectations
Communicates with patients and engages in follow-up as necessary
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit health and well-being organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. It serves communities in 28 states. The organization offers acute and ambulatory care, an insurance company with a dental plan, and post-acute and academic business lines. The organization has more than 49,000 employees, 12 hospitals, 2,500+ physicians and advanced practice providers with privileges, 1,000+ healthcare providers employed by ProMedica Physicians, a health plan, and 330+ assisted living facilities, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers, memory care communities, and hospice and home health care agencies. Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address social determinants of health. For more information about ProMedica, please visitwww.promedica.org/aboutus.
- Masters of nursing (MSN) degree
- Must be licensed or license eligible in the state of Ohio
- Previous experience in Psychiatry / Behavioral Health is preferred
- Certificate of Authority to practice as a Nurse Practitioner is required.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Experience in neurosurgery preferred, but all candidates will be considered with the appropriate training, background and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Must demonstrate and promote a strong commitment toward achieving customer/patient satisfaction.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category.
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.