RN / Registered Nurse - Emergency Department - Part Time - Fridays - Variable
The Registered Nurse provides nursing care to individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological, physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their designated state for which they are practicing in addition to compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting bodies.
Who is the ideal Promedica employee? We're looking for people to join our team who are motivated by making an impact and doing meaningful work.
- Responsible 10
- Critical thinker 9
- Compassionate 9
- Communicator 9
- Adaptable 9
- Multi-tasker 8
Additional success profiles:
- Detail oriented,
ProMedica Fostoria Community Hospital is a 25-bed, acute-care Critical Access Hospital serving the residents of Fostoria and surrounding communities. Patients at Fostoria Community Hospital have access to state-of-the-art diagnostic, emergency and surgical facilities, as well as general medical care and inpatient intensive care. We are committed to providing our patients with convenient access to compassionate care and the latest technological advancements in medical care and treatment. Established in 1930, ProMedica Fostoria Community Hospital has proudly cared for generations of patients and families.
RNs play a vital role in collaboration and implementation of the continuum of care for their patients. Never the same each day in terms of patient interaction or scope of treatments. Ideal for candidates that want to use their critical thinking and problem solving skills to make a true difference in their patient’s health and personal lives. If you are interested we invite you to apply!
Job Roles/Essential Functions
- Applies the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served (i.e.: infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric) as written in the departmental standards.
- Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents outcomes related to nursing diagnosis and patient care problems for each patient. Collaborates with all members of the health care team to promote a seamless patient care continuum. Coordinates patients plan of care through effective shift-to-shift communication.
- Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for all patients and their significant other(s).
- Utilizes appropriate techniques necessary to control / prevent infections.
- Employs critical thinking skills and sound judgment in all aspects of care Initiates emergency care as necessary and maintains BCLS and other certifications required by the job, i.e. ACLS
- Addresses patient/family education needs considering patient level of comprehension, style of learning, and discharge needs.
- Follows proper chain of command when issues/problems arise and demonstrates appropriate follow-through
- Displays professionalism at all times and maintains patient confidentiality. Lives out the LHA guiding principles and commitment to co-workers and philosophy of care for the department.
- Stays current in field of specialty by actively participating in continuing education and maintaining certifications and annual competencies.
- Actively participates in orienting new staff and contributes to the growth of others.
- Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing
- Previous experience in an acute care setting preferred
- Current state appropriate license as a Registered Nurse
- ACLS required within one year of hire
- PALS required within one year of hire
- Ability to respond effectively and efficiently to critical situations involving patients, personnel and visitors in a professional manner
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Demonstrates sound clinical skills and judgment
- Ability to critique own daily practice for error and pursue corrective action
- Ability to deal effectively with a changing environment and be open to new ideas
- Functions as a dependable team ember, assisting when requested and volunteering when the need is obvious
- Able to communicate effectively with all members of the health care team
- Medium - lifting 50 lbs maximum, with frequent lifting / carrying up to 25 lbs, Frequent prolonged standing / walking, Lifts, positions, pushes or transfers patients, Lifts supplies and equipment.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language.
- Must be able to see, hear, and move intermittently or use prosthetics that will enable you to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
I joined ProMedica in 2014, right after I finished nursing school. I’ve always wanted to become a nurse, I enjoy the feeling of making people feel safe and caring for them. Nursing is about being there for someone when they feel alone and holding their hand when they are scared. It was easy to choose PROMEDICA due to the residency program that I heard wonderful things about. The residency helped guide me into becoming a confident nurse. I started on the orthopedic floor where I have learned so much from my wonderful work family! I’ve done many different things within the hospital setting, such as becoming an EPIC superuser where I even went in Coldwater to help with their go-live. I was part of the skin team, served on a Nursing grand rounds forum. In July I was crossed trained to the Adult ICU, it was something I thought would be a wonderful experience, I’ve meet a great group of people that I enjoyed training and working with when needed. ~Julie
You haven't viewed any jobs recently
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.