Health Unit Coordinator - Emergency Center - Part Time - Days
ProMedica Fostoria Community Hospital is a 25-bed, acute-care Critical Access Hospital serving the residents of Fostoria and surrounding communities. Patients at Fostoria Community Hospital have access to state-of-the-art diagnostic, emergency and surgical facilities, as well as general medical care and inpatient intensive care. We are committed to providing our patients with convenient access to compassionate care and the latest technological advancements in medical care and treatment. Established in 1930, ProMedica Fostoria Community Hospital has proudly cared for generations of patients and families.
The Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) is a trained member of the health care team who will receive, process, and dispatch information related to patients, staff and physicians. The HUC will promote the smooth, efficient functioning of the nursing unit by performing non-clinical tasks; allowing nursing to devote more time to patient care. This individual provides superior customer service with the goal of exceeding the customer’s expectations.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. College level classes/degree in medical office/terminology preferred.
- Experience: Not necessary, but one to two years related experience is preferred.
- On-The-Job Training: One to three months.
- Job Knowledge: Basic ability to read, write and comprehend medical terminology. Familiarity with JCAHO standards, processes, records and ethics such as HIPAA/ confidentiality is required.
- Skills and Equipment: Must provide excellent customer service/relations skills. Equipment used in this position may include: computer, copy machine, fax, and telephone.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit health and well-being organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. It serves communities in 28 states. The organization offers acute and ambulatory care, an insurance company with a dental plan, and post-acute and academic business lines. The organization has more than 49,000 employees, 13 hospitals, 2,500+ physicians and advanced practice providers with privileges, 1,000+ healthcare providers employed by ProMedica Physicians, a health plan, and 330+ assisted living facilities, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers, memory care communities, and hospice and home health care agencies. Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address social determinants of health. For more information about ProMedica, please visit www.promedica.org/aboutus.
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.