Environmental Services - Full/Part Time - All Shifts
ProMedica Fostoria Community Hospital is a 25-bed, acute-care Critical Access Hospital serving the residents of Fostoria and surrounding communities. Patients at Fostoria Community Hospital have access to state-of-the-art diagnostic, emergency and surgical facilities, as well as general medical care and inpatient intensive care. We are committed to providing our patients with convenient access to compassionate care and the latest technological advancements in medical care and treatment. Established in 1930, ProMedica Fostoria Community Hospital has proudly cared for generations of patients and families.
As a Housekeeper, you will clean and prepare areas in order to maintain clean and sanitary conditions for guest, patient, and staff occupancy. Provide general cleaning and services to patient rooms, rest rooms, nurses’ stations, corridors, conference rooms, utility rooms, treatment areas, kitchens, solariums, offices, lobbies, lounges, stairwells and waiting rooms.
With this position, some additional duties include:
- Cleans and makes unoccupied beds
- Cleans and services patient rooms after receiving discharge notification. Prepares patient unit for new admission
- Notifies appropriate staff of room/bed readiness
- Performs other duties as directed
- Requires attention to detail, ability to follow written and verbal directions and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to move about the hospital and between workstations.
- Provide excellent customer service and respond to inquiries.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate and utilize pagers, vacuums, putty knives, carts and trash mobiles.
- Ability to tolerate unpleasant odors and possible exposure to communicable diseases and body fluids; must be able to tolerate exposure to dust, chemicals, and sewage.
- Ability to constantly move, lift or carry light to medium weight equipment furniture, etc, and occasionally move, lift or carry very heavy weight equipment or furniture etc.
- Must be able to wear N95 or PAPR hood.
- Stoop bend, reach, stretch, push and pull. Must be able to move and/or lift material and dirty rags weighing up to 10 lbs., 70% of the time; move carts weighing up to 40 lbs., 10% of the time; and move carts weighing up to 50 lbs., 20% of the time.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment firstname.lastname@example.org/gender (including pregnancy), . In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.