Accounts Payable Specialist - Services - Full Time - Days
For more than 30 years, Paramount, ProMedica’s health plan, has offered health insurance products across six Midwest states. Paramount is an Ohio-based health insurance company, headquartered in Maumee. Our team of more than 800 employees is dedicated to serving our health plan members.
Paramount offers Medicare Advantage, Medicaid managed care and Marketplace Exchange health plans for individuals and families. We maintain accreditation by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) for our HMO, Medicare Advantage and Medicaid products.
We also offer a full complement of insurance products for employers of any size, including medical, dental, vision and workers’ compensation as well as vocational rehabilitation, life-care planning and wellness.
As a part of ProMedica, we are driven by our Mission to improve your health and well-being. ProMedica is ranked the second most integrated health system in the U.S. and No. 1 in the Midwest. At Paramount, we strive to provide an exceptional experience to every member. For more information about Paramount, please visit our website.
Paramount Dental is formerly known as Health Resources, Inc.
The Accounts Payable Accountant supports financial functions that directly impact the general ledger and financial reporting. This position is a multi-functional, hands-on staff support responsibility. Processes and workload will be coordinated within the Accounting team.
1. Manage all aspects of Accounts Payable
- Process Claims Payable – dentist vendors
- Process Accounts Payable – corporate vendors and employee expense reimbursements
- Process Commissions Payable – agent vendors
- Monitor bank accounts for ACH activity and record appropriately in financial system
- Maintain vendor information accurately
- Respond to outside accounting support questions
- Account reconciliation
2. Supports the accounting team members with financial knowledge during key processes.
- Month end close
- Year end close
- Annual Audit
3. Contribute to accounting and operational system improvements and new processes:
- Process analysis, evaluation and development
- Parallel reconciliation to existing and new system functions
- Procedure manual documentation and staff training
4. Participates in special projects as needed. Assists with other Accounting Team functions as needed.
5. Participate in HIPAA and COBRA meetings as outlined by Human Resources
6. Manage all data resources and information as confidential and proprietary
Education: High school diploma required; some college preferred
Years of Experience: 1+ year(s) experience in Accounts Payable or related accounting role
License: None required
Certification: May obtain insurance agent license
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.