School Based Social Worker - ProMedica Behavioral Health - Defiance - Full Time
Under general direction and following established policies and procedures the Outpatient Behavioral Therapist, provides outpatient mental health/substance abuse counseling, therapy, and Employee Assistance Services within their scope of professional practice. The Outpatient Behavioral Therapist assesses the patient’s emotional, social, and psychological needs and determines appropriate interventions. The Outpatient Behavioral Therapist is responsible for delivery of direct and indirect services consistent with qualitative and quantitative performance goals, strategic initiatives and standards of best practices established for outpatient services. Works collaboratively and facilitates communication with physicians, family members, managed care providers and other multidisciplinary team members within and outside the practice.
Education: Master’s in Social Work, Counseling or Psychology.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written to work productively with patients, families, physicians, therapists, corporate clients/businesses, and other providers as appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of treatment modalities, interventions within their professional scope of practice with a commitment to working with adult and minor patients with mental health/ substance abuse and/or EAP needs.
- Must have critical thinking skills in order to interact effectively during interactions under stressful situations. Ability to de-escalate crisis situations.
- Must have a clear understanding of trauma informed care and experience in using this approach in the outpatient practice setting. Flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations’ in-person and on the telephone/video. Ability to coordinate with others. Ability to meet deadlines and be able to prioritize tasks.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs. Good organizational and communication skills.
Years of Experience: 1-2 years’ experience in setting treating patients with mental health concerns or post graduate work experience (internship) in a direct clinical setting.
License: Licensed in the State of Michigan and/or Ohio to practice within their designated discipline (LSW, LPC, LLMSW, LLPC, LLP, LISW, LPCC, LMSW, or Licensed Psychologist).
Certification: BLS certification required within 30 days of hire or transfer.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.