RN / Registered Nurse - Home Care - Full time - Days
Defiance, Ohio; Napoleon, Ohio; Wauseon, Ohio; Archbold, Ohio; Sylvania, Ohio
The Registered Nurse provides nursing care to individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological, physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their designated state for which they are practicing in addition to compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting bodies.
Who is the ideal Promedica employee? We're looking for people to join our team who are motivated by making an impact and doing meaningful work.
- Responsible 10
- Critical thinker 9
- Compassionate 9
- Communicator 9
- Adaptable 9
- Multi-tasker 8
Additional success profiles:
- Detail oriented,
$10,000 Sign On Bonus- full time- field RN.
*Must be external candidates to qualify
*Potential Service areas are Williams, Defiance, Henry, Fulton and parts of Putnam and Paulding counties.
Implements nursing interventions and coordinates the Patient/family interdisciplinary plan of care. Supervises personnel to deliver care and coordinates care delivery.
- Manages a Patient and family caseload which includes assessing, planning, implementation, evaluating and documenting the care provided.
- Plans, coordinates and delivers nursing care to Patients and families.
- Supervises and documents home health aide/licensed practical nurse plans of care and documents supervisory visits.
- Participates in on-call coverage.
- Submits paperwork in a timely manner and updates and maintains Patient medical records.
- Participates in regularly scheduled interdisciplinary team meetings to coordinate the care of the Patient and family, exchange information and problem solve, and receive staff support and education.
- Applies the policies and procedures of the agency and the rules and regulations of Federal and State regulatory agencies and other certifying agencies in providing care.
- Coordinates and develops Patient/family plan of care and ensures the care plan is current, up to date and reviewed at every team meeting.
- Assesses & evaluates Patients level of care, needs and requirements.</li>
- Participates in agency quality assessment performance improvement (QAPI) programs.
- Ensure growth & profitability of the company through the responsible use of company resources and educating the community to our services.</li>
- Assesses the Patient’s response to the Plan of Care and recommends changes as needed.
- Meets or exceeds established productivity standards.
- Provides education to the Patient/family regarding the disease process, self care techniques, prevention strategies, rehab nursing procedures and community resources for discharge planning.
- Initial and ongoing comprehensive assessment of patient’s needs including Outcome and Assessment Set (OASIS) at appropriate time sets.
- Evaluating Outcomes of Care.
- Provide counseling to Patient/family regarding disease process, end of life and ethical issues.
- Willingly accepts direction from Director of Professional Services/PCC.
- Participates in community programs and committees, as requested.
- Supervises LPN/LVNs, home health aides and paraprofessionals providing services to the patient according to regulatory guidelines.
- Monitors that documentation from LPN/LVN, home health aides are complete.
- Participates in in-service programs.
- Assesses the ability of the caregiver to meet the patient’s needs at admission and throughout care.
- Evaluates patient/family response to care on an on-going basis. Communicates information using current process and technology available to the organization.
- Ensures that employees are adequately oriented and trained to assignment; assists and encourages employees in developing their skills and self confidence.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Prepares clinical progress notes that demonstrate progress towards goals. Coordinates patient/family services and prioritization of needs with members of the interdisciplinary team. Uses case management approach and refers to other services as needed. Informs the physician and other personnel of changes in the patient’s needs and outcomes of intervention. Determines scope and frequency of services needed based on acuity and patient/family need.
- Adheres to established personnel policies.
- Accepts other assignments deemed appropriate
- Ensures that care is provided with respect for patient rights.
- Ensures protected health information is kept confidential.
- Reports complaints made by patients or families to the appropriate persons.
- Adheres to established personnel policies.
- Reports allegations of patient abuse, neglect and/or misappropriation of patient property.
Safety and Sanitation
- Follows standard precautions and infection control procedures.
- Reports all accidents and incidents observed.
- Identifies and responds appropriately to emergency situations.
- Assures safety needs of the patients are addressed and met.
- Educates staff in clinical aspects, as needed.
- Attends in-services and meetings as required.
- Participates in orientation of new staff.
Delivery of Care Responsibilities
- Participates in in-service training as requested by the office.
- Reviews and evaluates medical treatment plans for all Patients served.
- Communicates appropriate clinical information to the interdisciplinary team regarding Patient/family needs.
- Provides documentation of Patient visits on the clinical record.
- In conjunction with the physician develops and orders treatment appropriate with the Patient’s disease progression and document appropriately.
- Addresses Patient care needs with families and significant others as appropriate.
- Collaborates with all service providers furnishing contract services to the Patient.
- Participates in developing and updating policies and procedures as requested.
- Maintains confidentiality of necessary information.
- Thinks and acts calmly and logically to meet unusual occurrences of the job.
- Maintains proper documentation for billing.
- Manages time efficiently and effectively.
- Interfaces with Patients, families and staff to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Develops a comprehensive discharge plan based on the interdisciplinary team assessment.
- In conjunction with the physician, evaluates need for appropriate diagnostic studies and/or tests.
- Communicates effectively with Patients, families and other health care providers.
- Maintains clinical competency by assuming responsibility for acquiring knowledge and experience to meet learning needs.
- Create positive image between co-workers.
- Promote positive inter-agency communication.
- Instill confidence in staff members and build self-esteem through acceptance and recognition of employees.
- Provide role modeling of team work, accountability and a positive attitude.
- Demonstrate and encourage appropriate problem solving methods.
Years of Experience:
A minimum of 6 months institutional nursing experience within the past 3 years, unless state regulations differ. The Director of Professional Services or Administrator may waive this experience requirement based upon a personal interview. Registered Nurses providing skilled intervention for PASSPORT Patients must have 2 years experience as an RN.
Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state and in good standing with the Board in which he/she will practice.
Patient’s home/living facilities. Exposure to disagreeable conditions including odors, infection, illness, and physical contact from disruptive Patients.
Physical Demands: Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds; Walking, standing, talking, hearing, pushing, fingering, reaching, seeing, stooping, smelling, depth perception, color vision, driving
Travel: Necessary on a daily basis; 100%.
I joined ProMedica in 2014, right after I finished nursing school. I’ve always wanted to become a nurse, I enjoy the feeling of making people feel safe and caring for them. Nursing is about being there for someone when they feel alone and holding their hand when they are scared. It was easy to choose PROMEDICA due to the residency program that I heard wonderful things about. The residency helped guide me into becoming a confident nurse. I started on the orthopedic floor where I have learned so much from my wonderful work family! I’ve done many different things within the hospital setting, such as becoming an EPIC superuser where I even went in Coldwater to help with their go-live. I was part of the skin team, served on a Nursing grand rounds forum. In July I was crossed trained to the Adult ICU, it was something I thought would be a wonderful experience, I’ve meet a great group of people that I enjoyed training and working with when needed. ~Julie
You haven't viewed any jobs recently
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.