RN / Registered Nurse - Emergency Room - ICU/CCU - Part Time - Nights
The Registered Nurse provides nursing care to individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological, physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their designated state for which they are practicing in addition to compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting bodies.
Who is the ideal Promedica employee? We're looking for people to join our team who are motivated by making an impact and doing meaningful work.
- Responsible 10
- Critical thinker 9
- Compassionate 9
- Communicator 9
- Adaptable 9
- Multi-tasker 8
Additional success profiles:
- Detail oriented,
**$10,000 Sign-On Bonus Eligible** Candidates must be external and have at least 1 year of Registered Nurse experience to be eligible for the Sign-on Bonus
ProMedica's Mission is to improve your health and well-being. That's evident the minute you walk through the doors of ProMedica Defiance Regional Hospital.Located about 60 miles southwest of Toledo in Defiance, Ohio, our facility was constructed in 2002 and designed to promote a healing environment. It also has state-of-the-art technology and private rooms that feel like a home away from home.
Being a community-based hospital, we also have a professional office building where you'll find many primary and specialty doctors. In addition, we're a critical-access hospital and accredited by the Joint Commission, the industry leader in setting healthcare standards. We're also an accredited Chest Pain Center and Level III trauma center.
RNs play a vital role in collaboration and implementation of the continuum of care for our patients. We are looking for candidates that want to use their critical thinking and problem solving skills to make a true difference in their patient’s health and personal lives.
Our RNs assess, plan, implement, evaluate and document outcomes related to nursing diagnosis and patient care problems for each patient. They will collaborate with all members of the health care team to promote a seamless patient care continuum. They will also provide a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for all patients and their significant other(s). We expect all our team members to stay current in their field of specialty by actively participating in continuing education and maintaining certifications and annual competencies.
- Current Ohio license as a Registered Nurse.
- Maintains BCLS and other certifications required by the job, i.e. ACLS.
- Apply the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served (i.e.: infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric) as written in the departmental standards.
- Coordinates patients plan of care through effective shift-to-shift communication.
- Utilizes appropriate techniques necessary to control / prevent infections.
- Employs critical thinking skills and sound judgment in all aspects of care.
- Initiates emergency care as necessary.
- Addresses patient/family education needs considering patient level of comprehension, style of learning, and discharge needs.
- Follows proper chain of command when issues/problems arise and demonstrates appropriate follow-through.
- Displays professionalism at all times and maintains patient confidentiality.
- Demonstrates sound clinical skills and judgment.
- Ability to critique own daily practice for error and pursue corrective action.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment email@example.com/gender (including pregnancy), . In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
I joined ProMedica in 2014, right after I finished nursing school. I’ve always wanted to become a nurse, I enjoy the feeling of making people feel safe and caring for them. Nursing is about being there for someone when they feel alone and holding their hand when they are scared. It was easy to choose PROMEDICA due to the residency program that I heard wonderful things about. The residency helped guide me into becoming a confident nurse. I started on the orthopedic floor where I have learned so much from my wonderful work family! I’ve done many different things within the hospital setting, such as becoming an EPIC superuser where I even went in Coldwater to help with their go-live. I was part of the skin team, served on a Nursing grand rounds forum. In July I was crossed trained to the Adult ICU, it was something I thought would be a wonderful experience, I’ve met a great group of people that I enjoyed training and working with when needed. ~Julie
You haven't viewed any jobs recently
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.