Inpatient Psychiatric LPN / Licensed Practical Nurse - Coping Center - Part Time - Afternoons
ProMedica's Mission is to improve your health and well-being. That's evident the minute you walk through the doors of ProMedica Defiance Regional Hospital.Located about 60 miles southwest of Toledo in Defiance, Ohio, our facility was constructed in 2002 and designed to promote a healing environment. It also has state-of-the-art technology and private rooms that feel like a home away from home.
Being a community-based hospital, we also have a professional office building where you'll find many primary and specialty doctors. In addition, we're a critical-access hospital and accredited by the Joint Commission, the industry leader in setting healthcare standards. We're also an accredited Chest Pain Center and Level III trauma center.
A Licensed Practical Nurse functions under the direction of a Registered Nurse to assist in the planning and delivery of the care required for a patient or group of patients, complying with established standards of practice in conjunction with all members of the health care team.
- Demonstrates knowledge of depressive symptoms, suicide risk factors, and indications of potential for violence to others. Recognizes signs of hallucinations and delusions.
- Demonstrates therapeutic verbal and nonverbal communication skills including, but not limited to clarity, proper timing, active listening, attending, paraphrasing, utilizing silence, redirection, kinesics (body movement), paralanguage (voice quality and nonlanguage sounds), proxemics (use of personal and social space), and touch. Demonstrates knowledge of components of therapeutic milieu.
- Knowledge of potential side effects and adverse effects of psychotropic and anxiolytic medications.
- Provides supportive and educational counseling related to stress management skills, communication styles, medication management, and activities of daily living.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all aspects of the use of restraint and seclusion (appropriate use, proper application, monitoring according to policy and accurate/complete documentation.)
- Demonstrates therapeutic crisis intervention skills with the acting out patient. Has knowledge of and utilizes de-escalation techniques, i.e. appropriate responses to patient behavior level “anxious/supportive; verbally acting out/verbal and directive; physically acting out/physical response appropriate to situation; cooling off/therapeutic alliance and debriefing of incident.
- Recognizes the importance of hearing, vision and mobility problems in the care of the geriatric patients.
- Considers the developmental level when providing care to the mentally disabled.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize positioning needs in physically challenged patients.
- Uses appropriate methods to communicate with family/significant others including tone of voice, inclusion in patient’s care (with patient’s permission) as appropriate, and avoiding jargon.
- Graduate of an approved school of practical nursing.
- Currently licensed LPN in the State of Ohio, including required documentation to administer medications.
- Maintains licensure, including continuing education to possess required CNE's.
- Basic knowledge of the biological, physical, behavioral, social, and nursing sciences.
- CPR certification (Healthcare Provider CPR).
- Demonstrates productive interpersonal and human relationships, service orientation, and guest relations.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.