Medical Lab Technologist III - Coldwater Regional Hospital - Full Time - Days
ProMedica Coldwater Regional Hospital has been providing high-quality health care services to the Branch County community since 1939. Located in Coldwater, Michigan, ProMedica Coldwater has 71 acute medical beds and 16 adult psychiatric beds to care for patients and their families.
Performs routine and complex analytical procedures, recognizes deviations and provides interpretation following established standards and practices, under minimal supervision. Serves as a resource with advanced technical knowledge and skills.
1. Performs procedures and operates instruments in specialty area. Identifies, monitors and diagnoses instrument malfunctions. Directs maintenance protocols.
2. Performs, records and maintains accurate quality control records. Reviews quality control data, detecting and correcting quality control problems. Recommends course of action to resolve quality control issues in work area.
3. Develops solutions to problems based on knowledge of biochemical theory, patient diagnosis and instrument performance in work area.
4. Performs routine inquiry and data input on the laboratory computer system. Utilizes computer software to enhance the specialty area.
5. Implements training and instructing of new associates and students as required. Presents continuing education to associates in specialty area. Serves as a role model.
6. Evaluates new test procedures, implements new test methodologies and establish procedures. Reviews and drafts new protocols.
7. Maintains established hospital and departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control. Complies with requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies by attending mandatory in-services and continuing laboratory education and participating in continuous quality improvement. Maintains and upgrades personal professional development.
8. Acts as a team leader as assigned, by establishing and completing objectives. Directs the scheduling and completion of all activities. Instructs, assigns work and provides guidance to co-workers in the absence of supervisory personnel.
9. Processes biological specimens for analysts following established procedures. Evaluates and solves problems related to specimen collection and processing.
10. Answers inquiries regarding results, methodology, test specificity, sensitivity and special factors that can influence test results. Interacts with health care team, maintaining patient confidentiality. Acts as a liaison and fosters effective communication between laboratory and health care team.
11. Contributes to or facilitates laboratory projects or activities.
12. Performs other duties as directed.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in chemical, physical, or biological laboratory science
Skills: Must be able to understand directions, and able to communicate and respond to inquiries. Requires effective interpersonal skills. Must be able to input and retrieve information from computer.
Years of Experience: Requires two or more years previous clinical experience. Must fulfill all career ladder criteria for Medical Technologist II, unless grandfathered prior to 1987
License: MT (ASCP)
Personal Protective Equipment: May require lab coat, gloves, gown, and mask as required.
Physical Demands: Must be able to read and speak the English language. Must be able to see, hear, and move intermittently, or use prosthetics that will enable you to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met. Frequent prolonged standing. Must be able to continuously move about department and between workstations. Must be able to move, lift or carry materials or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs., up to 10% of the time. Must be able to differentiate colors. Regularly exposed to infection/contagious disease. Possible exposure to bloodborne pathogens from blood and/or bodily fluids and disease bearing specimens.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.