Endoscopy Technician - Pre Op - Full Time - Days
ProMedica Coldwater Regional Hospital has been providing high-quality health care services to the Branch County community since 1939. Located in Coldwater, Michigan, ProMedica Coldwater has 71 acute medical beds and 16 adult psychiatric beds to care for patients and their families.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS/SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will have no direct reports.
Participates in and assists the Physician during Endoscopic procedures in accordance with the patient’s written plan of care. Applies knowledge of concepts necessary for maintaining integrity of the sterile field. Serves the following age populations: infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric. The Endoscopy Technician will function as an integral part of the patient care delivery team with individual responsibility for excellent skills and customer satisfaction.
1. Performs a variety of direct care functions under the guidance of the Physician and RN to assist in the care of assigned patients. Reports all information gathered from the patient to the RN. Demonstrates skill competence and safety in assisting with technical Endoscopic procedures, including, but not limited to: EGDs, colonoscopies, ERCP, EUS, sigmoidoscopies, bronchoscopies, stent placement, stone basketing, food bolus.
2. Maintains working knowledge of equipment and supplies in the patient care area. Checks daily schedule to maintain proper supply of instruments, set-ups, and supplies specific to patient’s age and physician preferences. Assists other personnel with procedures. Completes Scope Reprocessing duties and all other duties as assigned.
3. Demonstrates ability to organize time. Adapts to change of pace, seeks and accepts direction from others.
4. Maintains integrity of the sterile field by utilizing aseptic techniques and observation of the surgical team. Promptly addresses any observed breaks in sterile technique.
5. Participates in departmental program of Continuous Quality Improvement and other quality control activities. Responsible for continued professional growth, competence, and development.
6. Establishes and maintains good interpersonal relations including the use of effective communication skills with patient, families, and co-workers. Complies with Core Values, Mission and Philosophy of ProMedica Toledo Hospital and Patient Care Services.
7. On call rotation per department needs.
- Education: Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Skills: Must be able to understand directions and communicate and respond to inquiries. Must be able to move about the facility and between workstations. Must be able to tolerate frequent exposure to latex and latex products. Must be able to tolerate possible exposures to blood borne pathogens and body fluids. Must be able to differentiate between colors, work with video equipment, lasers and hazardous supplies and equipment, and operate patient care equipment. Must be able to frequently move, lift and/or carry medium heavy to weight objects and materials. The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the incumbent.
- Years of Experience: N/A
- License: N/A
- Certification: GI Technical Specialist or must obtain within 90 days; BLS
- Education: N/A
- Skills: N/A
- Years of Experience: Prior experience in a Surgical or GI setting.
- License: N/A
- Certification: N/A
- Personal Protective Equipment: Standard Precautions, CAPR, N95
- Physical Demands: Must be able to tolerate exposure to dust, fumes, chemicals, temperature changes, and exposure to blood borne pathogens and bodily fluids. Must be able to attain all health requirements as identified by the organization (i.e., PPD, respirator training, vaccines, as appropriate). Must be able to move about hospital and between workstations, and prolonged periods of standing. Must be able to frequently move, lift or carry light to heavy patients or equipment. Must be able to lift medium materials, non –material handling; continues standing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching; frequent pushing, pulling, and squatting. Occasional sitting, stairs, and kneeling.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.