OT / Occupational Therapist - Home Care - Full Time - Days
Servicing the greater Fostoria area (Fostoria/Findlay/Tiffin and surrounding areas.)
Occupational Therapists are responsible for providing quality rehabilitative occupational therapy to patients. Initiates planned, purposeful activity designed to enhance the physical and psychosocial functioning of the patient.
• Participates in the development of occupational therapy plans of care for patients.
• Makes visits to the patients for assessment and evaluations and communicates with physician before start of care and as needed.
• Implements the plans of care. • Provides education and instruction to team members, patients, and families.
• Document care and submits paperwork in an accurate and timely manner to update and maintain the patient medical record.
• May participate in agency quality assessment performance improvement (QAPI) programs
• Accepts other assignments deemed appropriate. • Ensures the growth & profitability of the company through the responsible use of company resources & educating the community to our services.</p>
• Participates in regularly scheduled interdisciplinary team meetings to coordinate the care of the patient & family., exchange information & problem solve & receive staff support & education.</p>
• Applies the policies & procedures of the agency and the rules & regulations of federal & state regulatory agencies and other certified agencies in providing care.</p>
• Provide skilled restorative treatment to enhance physical function of joints/muscles, pain management, sensory integration, teaching compensatory techniques for ADL’s; designing, fabricating, fitting of orthotic & self-help devices, vocational & pre-vocational assessment & training, work simplification & energy conservation, home evaluation for safety, joint protection, gross/fine prehension patterns/free writing, upper extremity strength, muscle reeducation & transfer training/standing/tolerance & balance.</p>
• Directs & supervises Home Health Aide and Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant in care given to patients. Provides supervisory visits, as necessary.</p>
• Willingly accepts direction from Director of Professional Services/patient Care Coordinator/Rehabilitation Supervisor.
• Meets or exceeds established productivity standards.
• Adheres to established personnel policies.
Education • Bachelors or Master’s degree in occupational therapy from an accredited institution.
• Currently licensed as an OT in the state and in good standing with the Board in which he/she will practice.
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.