Unit Clerk - Medical Surgical- Part Time- Days
The Charles and Virginia Hickman Hospital will give our community its first-ever wellness destination. Our families and friends will have improved access to nutrition education, exercise resources and state-of-the-art care like they never have before. We offer over 200,000 square feet and has 58 acute cate beds in our new state-of-the-art regional hospital. Our campus also features an organic farm with access to nutrition, education and therapies. We will serve as a community hub that touches residents of all ages and promotes a higher quality of life. This is a new model of collaboration between ProMedica and the community. We are excited to set a new standard for health and wellness in Lenawee County.
Attends nursing station and performs clerical, reception, and communication duties. Requisition supplies, equipment, and services. Keeps logs/data as needed.
- Prioritizes work and provides prompt and efficient services.
- Maintains established department policies, practice guidelines, objectives, quality improvement programs, and safety and security standards, including infection control.
- Performs communication and coordination duties related to procedures such as admission, discharge, transfer, and death.
- Batches and routes medical record and report.
- Collects data, photocopies information, files, answers the telephone, takes messages, directs calls, and enters orders into computers.
- Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
- Picks up and delivers specimens, documents, and other items. Runs errands for professional staff.
- Takes and delivers messages and routes phone calls.
- Coordinates ordering and resulting of diagnostic studies and facilitates the timely and efficient flow of patients through the department.
- Support department during crisis by functioning as liaison with other departments and the public.
- Actively supports and participates in process improvement efforts and in team functions/decisions.
- Demonstrates support of departmental and organizational strategic initiatives.
- Serves as resource person and teacher for new staff.
- Serves as a role models and consistently demonstrates LHA’s guiding principles and customer service standards of performance.
- Demonstrates respect for patient’s service provider, and organizational confidentiality.
- Maintains and protects patient’s rights
- Represents department and organization in a positive manner.
- Maintains and improves personal and professional learning and development through literature, seminars, workshops, and affiliations.
- Seeks and accepts education to learn new skills/competencies and maintain current competencies through educational programs, in-service, and meetings.
- High school diploma/GED
- Medication terminology course
- Unit clerk experience, acute care
- Competencies, Skills, & Abilities: </li>
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Multi-tasking of simultaneous demands on time/attention
- Telephone etiquette
- Basic computer skills
- Clerical skills: filing, copying, logging data
- High level of mental/emotional tolerance and ability to function quickly and precisely in stressful situations.
- Minimum CPR
- Must be able to read and speak the English language
- Must be able to see, hear, and move intermittently, or use prosthetics that will enable you to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Mostly sedentary work
- Occasional standing/walking
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.