RN / Registered Nurse- Care Navigation- Acute- Contingent - Days
The Registered Nurse provides nursing care to individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological, physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their designated state for which they are practicing in addition to compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting bodies.
Who is the ideal Promedica employee? We're looking for people to join our team who are motivated by making an impact and doing meaningful work.
- Responsible 10
- Critical thinker 9
- Compassionate 9
- Communicator 9
- Adaptable 9
- Multi-tasker 8
Additional success profiles:
- Detail oriented,
ProMedica Toledo Hospital is one of the largest acute-care facilities in the region. Our 794-bed hospital is staffed by more than 4,800 professional healthcare employees who serve a 27-county area throughout northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. We also have the area’s largest board-certified medical staff, which is made up of more than 1,000 primary care and specialty physicians. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment are a must. In addition, for 15 consecutive years, residents of Greater Toledo have named us the Consumer Choice Award winner in our market. In fact, we’re the only hospital in northwest Ohio to receive this honor.
Ensures coordination and continuity of care through effective transitions of care management as patients move in and out of the acute care environment.
- Identify high risk patients by utilizing a standardized risk stratification process
- Develop preliminary transition plan with anticipated disposition, including contingency plan
- Collaborate with hospitalist and other key team members to manage transition of care activities and communicate vital information
- Actively participates in daily transition rounds
- Identify transition barriers and collaborate in comprehensive, patient-centered care plan development. Submitting nursing orders as needed, to assure timely transitions.
- Coordinate patient access to necessary services, including community and public health resources.
- Drives the transition process. Ask probing questions on progress (e.g. facility search, patient teaching, facilitate testing)
- Collaborate with care team to provide discharge/transition education.
- Serve as an essential link for patients without a primary physician.
- Work in partnership with acute and ambulatory care team to follow patient through care continuum and provide thorough hand-over
- Coach for self-management utilizing motivational interviewing
- Facilitate post-acute appointments as applicable
- Ensure timely documentation of all patient encounters
- Maintain positive working relationships with all key customers
- Attend applicable conferences, trainings and meetings
- Participate in quality improvement and strategic initiatives
- Complete special projects and other duties, as assigned
- Must have active Registered Nurse licensure in state of assigned practices with an Associate degree or BSN (preferred) in nursing,
- At least 2 years of applicable nursing experience.
- Must have a history of positive rapport with patients, families, physicians and interdisciplinary team.
- Applicable experience in patient advocacy and knowledge of hospital and community resources. Relevant experience in working with diverse populations.
- Must have exceptional problem-solving, critical-thinking, organizational, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in self-directed environment with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Must be able to function effectively in an acute care hospital environment
- Must be able to establish priorities and communicate and respond to inquiries
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to work rapidly for long periods of time
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
I joined ProMedica in 2014, right after I finished nursing school. I’ve always wanted to become a nurse, I enjoy the feeling of making people feel safe and caring for them. Nursing is about being there for someone when they feel alone and holding their hand when they are scared. It was easy to choose PROMEDICA due to the residency program that I heard wonderful things about. The residency helped guide me into becoming a confident nurse. I started on the orthopedic floor where I have learned so much from my wonderful work family! I’ve done many different things within the hospital setting, such as becoming an EPIC superuser where I even went in Coldwater to help with their go-live. I was part of the skin team, served on a Nursing grand rounds forum. In July I was crossed trained to the Adult ICU, it was something I thought would be a wonderful experience, I’ve meet a great group of people that I enjoyed training and working with when needed. ~Julie
You haven't viewed any jobs recently
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.