Registered Cardiac Sonographer - Echo / Vascular - Per Diem - Days
The Charles and Virginia Hickman Hospital will give our community its first-ever wellness destination. Our families and friends will have improved access to nutrition education, exercise resources and state-of-the-art care like they never have before. We offer over 200,000 square feet and has 58 acute cate beds in our new state-of-the-art regional hospital. Our campus also features an organic farm with access to nutrition, education and therapies. We will serve as a community hub that touches residents of all ages and promotes a higher quality of life. This is a new model of collaboration between ProMedica and the community. We are excited to set a new standard for health and wellness in Lenawee County.
Perform cardiac imaging and other non-invasive cardiology procedures.
- Performs cardiac sonographic imaging and all necessary functions required to complete the procedure for interpretation.
- Interacts with cardiologist and physicians as necessary for completion of the procedure.
- Performs cardiac stress testing on patients with complete knowledge of different stress protocols and the computerized capabilities of the equipment used to perform the test.
- Performs holter monitors and event monitors.
- Performs outpatient EKGs.
- Takes call for echoes and TEEs as needed.
- Serves as a resource for other technologists, students, and hospital staff.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Education: Associate’s Degree in cardiovascular technology with a focus in cardiac imaging and/or 5 years’ experience in the field of echocardiology.
- Skills: Cardiac Imaging. Must be able to understand directions, communicate and respond to inquiries; requires effective interpersonal skills. Must be able to differentiate colors, tolerate exposure to blood borne pathogens and body fluids, and operate cardiac, ultrasound equipment, controls, machinery, and desk machines. Must be able to input and retrieve information from computer.
- Years of Experience: 1 year of experience in a vascular lab or equivalent with clinical externship through academic program.
- Certification: Must be a registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer through ARDMS or CCI. If not registered, must become registered within six months of hire. Must maintain BLS certification.
- Education: Associate’s Degree in cardiovascular technology with a focus in cardiac imaging.
- Skills: Cardiac Sonography, Stress Testing, Holter Monitoring, Knowledge of heart rhythms.
- Years of Experience: 2 years experience working independently in an echo diagnostic setting.
- Personal Protective Equipment: Gloves, gowns and masks as needed.
- Physical Demands: Must be able to move about department and between workstations. Must be able to frequently move, lift and/or carry medium weight objects and materials.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
My Saved Jobs
You have no saved jobs.